none
System State backup issue RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

when i was taking system state backup on first time, the server is taking the backup without any problems. but if i start the system state backup again, the server will take only incremental backup not full. so the no of available backup is only one. multiple backup is not available. my server OS is Windows server 2008 R2

please help me

• Changed type Vinod C V Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:32 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:23 AM

Answers

• I have solved the issue by creating a Script to create a separate folder in network location and backup will take to the new folder.
    • Marked as answer by Vinod C V Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:33 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:33 PM

All replies

• Windows server backup will do incremental backups and occasionally full you should always be able to do a full recovery regardless, and you should be able to recover full from previous dates as long as the information is still on the backup destination, The exception is a network share as a destination it may still do a incremental backup but you will only have access to the last backup as a full backup/recovery, all older backups are gone.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:18 PM
  • I have solved the issue by creating a Script to create a separate folder in network location and backup will take to the new folder.
    • Marked as answer by Vinod C V Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:33 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:33 PM