none
Moving the CSV and Quorum Disk to another cluster node RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with a four node hyper-v cluster that's set up to use two cluster shared volumes and a quorum disk.  Let's say I want to do some networking configuration changes on the one node that owns both csv's and the quorum disk. To begin, I'll put this node into maintenance mode via SCVMM before I begin. Now I know that the networking changes that I'm going to make on this one node will disrupt all of its network connections.  My thought process is to do something to make another node the Current Owner of both CSV nodes and the quorum disk. Being relatively new to hyper-v cluster, I saw that you can open up Failover Cluster Manager, highlight Storage, highlight the CSVs and select the option to "Move this shared volume to another node".  However, this option is not available for the Quorum disk.  Here's the two questions I have: (1) Should I be moving the CSVs this way to make another node the Current Owner, and (2), how do I move the quorum disk to another node ? Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 10:00 PM

Answers