We have a two-node failover cluster which running SAP database. We plan to replace one of the nodes with a new powerful hardware box. We want to keep the new box's IP and hostname with the old one.
Now, my action plan is a followed.
1. take a full offline backup
2. failover all the resource from node1 to node2
3. Evict the node1 from the cluster
4. Add the new node1 to the cluster
5. failover the resource to the new node1
One thing I am worry about is whether it will be any problem if we evict a node from a two node cluster. Will that cause any issues?
Hope anyone can share any point.
Thanks in advance.
TechNet Software Assurance Managed Newsgroup MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician | Server & Enterprise Admin