Best practice for applying updates to Hyper-v server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone

What would be the best practice to update a Hyper-V Server 2012?

Is there any special thumb rule for hyper-V Server 2012

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Saturday, October 26, 2019 4:25 AM
    Friday, October 25, 2019 2:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Hyper-V Server 2012 As a Core Server system, you may need to use some commands to complete its update configuration. For reference, this article describes how to update the system for the Core Server system, including Windows Update and WSUS: "Service Updates on a Server Core Server".

Second, as you can see, WSUS does not have a separate product project for Hyper-V Server 2012. Through my observation, a client with Hyper-V Server 2012 system will be recognized as Windows Server 2012 in WSUS, so I suggest adding Windows Server 2012 products to WSUS.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MeVs Wednesday, April 15, 2020 11:41 AM
    Monday, October 28, 2019 6:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Hyper-V Server 2012 As a Core Server system, you may need to use some commands to complete its update configuration. For reference, this article describes how to update the system for the Core Server system, including Windows Update and WSUS: "Service Updates on a Server Core Server".

Second, as you can see, WSUS does not have a separate product project for Hyper-V Server 2012. Through my observation, a client with Hyper-V Server 2012 system will be recognized as Windows Server 2012 in WSUS, so I suggest adding Windows Server 2012 products to WSUS.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MeVs Wednesday, April 15, 2020 11:41 AM
    Monday, October 28, 2019 6:13 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Friday, November 1, 2019 1:06 AM
  • I'm going to paraphrase my question. What would be the best practice to apply the Windows update to a Hyper-V 2012 server?

Is there a special rule for Hyper-V Server 2012?

Sorry in advance for any misunderstanding

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, November 1, 2019 1:24 AM