none
Server 2003 Std SP1 - 0x0000007E after installing SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Server 2003 Std with SP1. Last night I installed SP2, restarted the server and now it is giving me the following blue screen error: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x8087E18C, 0xF78A6A78, 0xF78A6774). That's it - no reference to drivers or anything else.

I have 1 logical array in a hardware RAID 5. C drive had 5 GB free before install and about 3.95 GB free after install.

Any suggestions on recovering my server? It is AD server, master of all FSMO roles. I have another DC, but not GC or FSMO master. Really need to find a resolution.

Thanks in advance!
    • Moved by Vincent HuModerator Monday, March 8, 2010 8:05 AM not server core (From:Server Core)
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 2:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to the description, we find it seems to be system crash issue and we need to analyze the crash dump file to narrow down the root cause of the issue. Unfortunately, it is not effective for us to debug the crash dump file here in the forum. Therefore, I would like to suggest that you contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Monday, March 8, 2010 8:31 AM

All replies

• Also, I have tried booting in safe mode and last known good config. Get the same error using both methods.
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 2:17 AM
  • Hi,

According to the description, we find it seems to be system crash issue and we need to analyze the crash dump file to narrow down the root cause of the issue. Unfortunately, it is not effective for us to debug the crash dump file here in the forum. Therefore, I would like to suggest that you contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Monday, March 8, 2010 8:31 AM