none
Windows server 2012 r2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In free time i would like to install windows server 2012 r2 in physical machine, and i have a question. if i install the windows server 2012 r2 would i move this machine to another server ? Does it work in another physical machine ? In machine will be work firebird database.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:46 AM

Answers

• I'm not positive I understand your question.  It sounds like you want to install 2012 R2 on one physical machine and then move the system drive to another physical machine. "in physical machine, and i have a question. if i install the windows server 2012 r2 would i move this machine to another server "

Technically, yes, that can be done.  However, you will need to perform some sort of clean-up on the second physical machine.  The plug and play technology of Windows will automatically detect the hardware configuration of the new machine and load the appropriate device drivers.  If you have multiple network cards, you will have to ensure that they are assigned to the proper networks, as the way PCI discovery works, they may be found in a different order.

Now, if you actually meant that you wanted to install the 2012 R2 as a VM on one machine and then wanted to move that VM to a new machine, that is easier.  But before I try to explain the various options there, it would be helpful if you would explain exactly what you are trying to do and the machine configurations involved.

.:|:.:|:. tim

Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:47 PM