none
Looking for solution for Clients IPAD to connect to remote applications RRS feed

• Question

• The system:

my clinet has a server 2012r2 system with RDS installed. RDS work internally and externally using remote.mydomain.com. RD Gateway is used by external remote users and bypassed by internal users. The session collection is accessible by both internal and external users.

The problem:

Client wants his sales team members to access line of business software from IPADs in the field using RDWEB to access the session collection. I can have them remote into the RDS server and run the software on the server, but I would like to restrict there access to just the software then need to use.

I have attempted to test using Microsoft's RD Client app. I can connect with remote desktops without issue, but when attempting to access remote resources I get "unable to locate any remote resources for the URL"

Using the app I am connecting to the same remote.mydomain.com URL.  I have IIS running the HTTP redirect for the /rdweb/pages.

I will greatly appreciate any help with this issue or any suggestion of a better method to reach my objective.

Thank you

Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you saying you have HTTP Redirect enabled in IIS for RDWeb?  Depending on how you have it configured it could be causing an issue.  As a test, please disable it and then test if the problem is resolved.

Thanks.

-TP

Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you saying you have HTTP Redirect enabled in IIS for RDWeb?  Depending on how you have it configured it could be causing an issue.  As a test, please disable it and then test if the problem is resolved.

Thanks.

-TP

Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:41 PM
  • Hi,

How is everything going? Could you please tell us the present situation? If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Dharmesh
    Monday, April 14, 2014 2:22 AM
  • I have instaled the rd client on ipad laster ios and cant connect to rdweb aplication, say unnabled to connect. I have instaled the rd client on android with the same configuration and work good. Have any problen wit ios?? Thx
    Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:27 PM
  • I have instaled the rd client on ipad laster ios and cant connect to rdweb aplication, say unnabled to connect. I have instaled the rd client on android with the same configuration and work good. Have any problen wit ios?? Thx

Same issue..

When I try to connect through Remote Resource in RD Client for iPhone/iPad/Mac to connect to the RemoteApp in Windows Server 2012 R2, its establishing the connection and I see the published apps in the list. But when I click on an app, it gives me following error

"The INFO_RAIL flag MUST be set in the flags field of the Info Packet as the session on the remote server can only host remote applications (code RemoteAppsNotEnabled(4339)) "

I can connect to the RemoteApp from Windows RemoteApp Desktop Connection and able to open the apps published in the Terminal Server. And also able to connect from the web browser through RD Web access.

Please suggest

Thanks

Monday, July 21, 2014 1:58 AM
  • the IOS version hasn't worked for us to use remote apps since 8.1.0. Android version has always worked however. 
    Friday, April 17, 2015 4:30 PM