none
Windows Server 2016 - No evaluation available?

Question

• Hi community.

For decades now I've been working with Windows NT-based systems and held an MSDN account for about 15 of those.

Although I'm quite knowledgeable, to keep myself on par with those fortunate enough to be granted Microsoft courses on an annual basis by their employer, I need to be able to try out the latest products to get hands-on experience.

As of WS2016, there seems to be no evaluation product to download.

I find this unfortunate, and I feel that because I don't have the financial backing, I am deemed unworthy to be considered a capable Senior Windows Server System Engineer in the years to come.

Please consider releasing Windows Server evaluation products for WS2016 and the platforms to come, Microsoft!

I have been a faithful supporter of the Windows NT platform, when my peers have been scolding it for ignorant reasons over the years,

Faithfully Yours,

Henrik Johansson

Friday, September 02, 2016 11:07 AM

Answers

• As of WS2016, there seems to be no evaluation product to download.

It is just too early. I'd check back later this month after the RTM bits have been made available.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Delta99 Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:52 AM
    Friday, September 02, 2016 12:00 PM

All replies

• As of WS2016, there seems to be no evaluation product to download.

It is just too early. I'd check back later this month after the RTM bits have been made available.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Delta99 Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:52 AM
    Friday, September 02, 2016 12:00 PM
  • Oh. Ok, I'll hang on tight for a while longer then.

Thank You for the reply!

Kind Regards,

Henrik Johansson.

Friday, September 02, 2016 12:09 PM
  • You're welcome. There's no question there will be evaluations available.

Friday, September 02, 2016 12:31 PM
  • The Technical Previews of Windows Server 2016 have been available for months.  Current (and the last technical preview) is TP5.  It can be downloaded from here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-technical-preview

. : | : . : | : . tim

Friday, September 02, 2016 9:40 PM
  • Tim, thanks. I should have mentioned the TP's I guess I assumed the OP was looking for the RTM evaluations which should show up shortly.

Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:24 AM
  • Hi!

Yes, I've been reading up on those for a few days. :-)

Now, I'm keen on putting myself to the test by deploying a WS2016 instance. I tend to use virtualization these days, if possible.

Thanks for Your post!

Kind Regards,

Henrik Johansson.

Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:47 AM
  • You're welcome.

Saturday, September 03, 2016 12:53 AM