none
ADMT migration for a user which has been configured for a scheduled task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody. I have done a user migration in ADMT. I have run the security translation for that user as well. That user is configured to run a scheduled task on a workstation. Does the security translation takes the scheduled task into context and change it to the target domain migrated when I run the security translation on that workstation or server. 
    Tuesday, March 5, 2019 5:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to my search, if you apply scheduled task to users by GPO, security translation takes it into context and change it to the target domain migrated.

In addition, I suggest you do an experiment in the test environment.

If you need further help, I’d recommend you to submit a new case on Active Directory forum as they will be more professional on your issue:

This is the Active Directory forum link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverDS

Hope these are helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 1:49 PM
  • Thanks. I will do that. I am trying those in the testing environment but sure I will put that in the forum.
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:59 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

Since you have not responded for a long time, we will temporarily archive this post.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best

Friday, March 15, 2019 7:10 AM
  • Yes, the scheduled task which are done through gpos needs to be changed manually but if it is configured through the gpo then it will change as the security translation will map out the target domain credentials.

Thanks and Regards,

SM

Friday, May 10, 2019 5:35 PM