none
Screen saver / screen lock in Remote Desktop

Question

• On a Server 2008 Remote Desktop, after a user- or group policy-specified period of keyboard and mouse inactivity (default = 10 minutes), the remote desktop is replaced with the logon screen, and the user must enter credentials to access the remote desktop.

Under Personalization > Screen Saver, if the box titled "On resume, display logon screen" is cleared, no screen saver is invoked, even if one is specified, and even though the specified period of keyboard and mouse inactivity has passed.

Manipulating this setting in the registry (screensaverissecure =0), or in Group Policy (User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Display > Password protect the screen saver: Disable) produces the same result: no screen saver.

Is a non password-protected screen saver for a remote desktop precluded by design?

Thanks.
    Monday, January 05, 2009 3:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Customer,

According to the description, I understand that you would like to enable non-password protected screen saver in terminal sessions. I performed several tests on my side and I could reproduce the issue. I will report this issue to our product group and update this post if there are any updates.

Thank you for your reporting.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Customer,

According to the description, I understand that you would like to enable non-password protected screen saver in terminal sessions. I performed several tests on my side and I could reproduce the issue. I will report this issue to our product group and update this post if there are any updates.

Thank you for your reporting.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 10:14 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.  It will be interesting to get feedback from the product group as to whether this behavior is intentional (by design).
    Tuesday, January 06, 2009 8:36 PM
  • Has there been an update on this topic?

Regards
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:30 AM
  • Hi Louis,

Unfortunately, there is no update on this now.
    I will update this if there are any updates. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Vincen Hu
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:55 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

I was curious if there was any final resolution to this RDP lock-up issue for this thread.

Thanks,

Nate

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:17 PM