none
connection reset by peer RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

May I confirm how did you start the remote connection? Are you using remote desktop client for Mac?

If yes, there is an alternative to use a beta version of the Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac.

And is there any change before this problem happened? If so, try to undo the change and confirm the result.

Some explanation quoted from official document:

The error message indicates that a connection was forcibly closed by a peer. This normally results from a loss of the connection on the remote socket due to a timeout or a restart.

Kindly check whether there’s any network issue between the remote system and source system, RDS services need to be running and firewall port 3389 should be open on the remote system.

Reference link:

Error Message: Connection reset by peer

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc957018.aspx

Is there any change before this problem happened? If so, try to undo the change and confirm the result.

Thanks,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 23, 2019 2:56 AM
  • I have Remote Desktop on two computers that I use.  This one is a new one but it worked fine and then just disappeared so I reset it up.  

I think I will delete the Remote Desktop and simply redownload it and start over.  Still works on the other computer.

Strange.  Yes it is for Mac.

Maggie

Friday, August 23, 2019 1:06 PM
  • Hi Maggie,

Yes, you could first try to reinstall the RDP client for Mac with latest version and configure the connection settings by the guidance.

Add a Remote Desktop connection

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-mac#add-a-remote-desktop-connection

If it still does not work, please try the beta version I shared above, which has some new features under testing.

Hope this would be helpful and please mark useful reply as Answer.

Thanks,

Jenny

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 1:47 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

PleaseMark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,

Jenny

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:46 AM