none
ClearType in Windows 2008 R2 RDS

Question

• Hello to all,

if a normal user enables clear type via the wizard (Control Panel -> Display -> "Adjust ClearType Text") it works fine for the current session unless the user logs off. After a new logon to the rds server the settings are gone (Turn on ClearType - Box is unchecked).

It seems, that the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics settings are not saved on the server...

regards,

Michael

Monday, March 12, 2012 12:42 PM

Answers

• If you want a user's preference to persist then you'll need to look at a solution like Roaming Profiles or a third party alternative such as Immidio Flex Profiles.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 19, 2012 1:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Are you using Roaming Profiles and/or do you have the GPO for "Do not delete temp folder upon exit" enabled on the Session Host Server/s? You can also enable "Font Smoothing" globally on the Session Host Server/s.

Thank You

Avery

Monday, March 12, 2012 6:43 PM
  • Hi

Sorry for the late response.

No, wer are not using Roaming profiles since were are on RDS. It just brings problems... After logoff all temp user data is dropped. Is there any way to change this setting? (for example: on the rds we created a folder redirection for the IE favourites to the homedrive of the user).

The global setting "enable font smoothing" is no option, because i can't decide for our users which option is the best in the clear type settings (you can choose out from 6 "font smoothed" pictures I think...)

thank you

Michael

Monday, March 19, 2012 1:31 PM
  • If you want a user's preference to persist then you'll need to look at a solution like Roaming Profiles or a third party alternative such as Immidio Flex Profiles.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 19, 2012 1:45 PM
  • Look at this:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742823(v=ws.11).aspx

Regards

Friday, October 21, 2016 8:52 AM