none
Problem login to the server when the server 2012 R2 server is in domain RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing a problem with my Windows server 2012 R2 . The server is an EPO server, after the last patching we are unable to login to the server. When server added to work group able to login and able to take RDP without any issue. But when server is moved to domain , unable to login and take RDP using local and domain credential. Uninstalled all patches after this issue and still the same issue exist.

The error while taking RDP " Please wait for local session manager"

Anyone has experienced this issue ?

Sunday, July 5, 2015 11:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry for the delay reply.

If the issue occured after moving the server to domain, it seems like the broken secure pipe between DC and Member server.

Since i could not reproduce the issue, just give some suggestions for you:

Disjoin the server from domain, delete or rename all the exiting profiles except local one.

Rejoin domain and reboot to check the result.

Only this server have the issue or all server joined domain have the same issue?

Please feel free to let us know if you have any update about the issue.

Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 2:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

If i understand you correctly, when the server was joined domain, we could not login the server both local and domain credential, right?

The server is physical or hyper-v virtual machine?

Unable to login server, what is the detail error message you received?

Please make sure we could ping the DC correctly. Only one server has this issue?

Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:04 AM
  • Yes. you are correct.When the server was joined domain, we could not login the server both local and domain credential. Server is physical server and I am able to ping DC without any issue.

When try to login it shows message " please wait for local session manager" .There is no other error logs and message.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delay reply.

If the issue occured after moving the server to domain, it seems like the broken secure pipe between DC and Member server.

Since i could not reproduce the issue, just give some suggestions for you:

Disjoin the server from domain, delete or rename all the exiting profiles except local one.

Rejoin domain and reboot to check the result.

Only this server have the issue or all server joined domain have the same issue?

Please feel free to let us know if you have any update about the issue.

Regards.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 2:26 AM
  • Hi,

Any update about the issue?

Regards.

Monday, July 20, 2015 6:14 AM