I am provisioing a development enviroment for testing some systsems.
I have created a private network on a stand alone Hyper-V Box.
Would I need a gateway server (something like RRAS, TMG) etc for the communication between all machines to happen? and provision subnets etc
Can someone detail the steps please for a communicatin between virtual servers in a private network, so that they can all chat.
When you create a private network and connect two virtual machines to it, it works with the same principles as if you would connect two computers to a switch. (With nothing else) Setting static IP addresses in the same IP-range should be sufficient to allow communictation between your two VM's.
You can let your VM's act as DC, DNS, DHCP or other server functionalities in the same way as you would in a physical network.
Add to Mike’s. If you are meaning Private Virtual Network on Hyper-V, you can also check the following guide.
Hyper-V: What are the uses for different types of virtual networks?
Basicly you don't need if you have a physical server but, if you have enough on yours Hyper-V server memory and HDD and network cards, why not install. Put on virtual servers same IP address scope and subnet.
- Open Hyper-V manager from Administrative Tools
- When open console in Action Pane from right side click on the Virtual Network Manager
- In the Virtual Network Manager definied and create New Virtual Network such External, Internal, Private
- Click Add button and select type network (External, Internal, Private), after that select for all External Interface select one Network Card likes Intel or Broadcom network card, and write Name of new netowrk and notes for this interface examle: TMG or AD
- Click OK button to confirm and save action
Also look and read post from the Vincet Hu and links :
Best regards Abdagic Ahmet Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.