none
Error : The Security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship - On multiple domain controllers RRS feed

• Question

• I have a friend who is getting this error "Error : The Security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship" on multiple domain controllers in his AD environment.  I know numerous ways to fix this on a workstation or member server but I am not getting any clear instructions on how to resolve this on a domain controller.  any suggestions?
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have a friend who is getting this error "Error : The Security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship" on multiple domain controllers in his AD environment.  I know numerous ways to fix this on a workstation or member server but I am not getting any clear instructions on how to resolve this on a domain controller.  any suggestions?

Hi,

This error means that the secure schannel has been broken between the machine and domain controllers. You can also reset the computer password to fix this kind of issue or rejoin the machine to domain. If the computer account still exist in domain , reset it before rejoin the machine to domain.

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:50 PM
  •  Right now if we reboot an effected DC we can then safely log in but the problem reoccurs.  Can you safely perform either of these recommended procedures on a domain controller? 
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 12:14 AM
  • Hi,

Before going further, I would appreciate your help in clarifying the following situations:

Would you please simply introduce your environment?

When did this error happened? after login to the DC, the error happened immediately or other situation?

Any DCs were demoted recently?

Did the firewall all enabled in the problematic DCs?

Also , please also confirm if the time synced properly on the DCs.

Check the event log, if any related information are logged.

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:16 AM
  • Thanks for your attention to this issue.  We found that IBM Rackware, which is in use for DR replication, was causing this issue.  
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:01 PM
  • Hi,

Good to hear that you have solved this issue by yourself. In addition, thanks for sharing your experience in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 8:48 AM