Search SharePoint in recovery and no matching items were found RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully setup SharePoint protection on DPM 2019. In "Protection" tab the status is OK.

As a test I created 2 recovery points.

In "Recovery" tab I choose my SharePoint 2019 farm, under "Search" I click "SharePoint", then in the search parameter I tried various combination like "*" or "test*" for whatever I tried it always returned " no matching items were found".

How can I troubleshoot it?

Monday, October 19, 2020 9:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

In order to search objects of SharePoint backups, you need to wait for the catalog job to be completed. The Catalog task will run 3 hours after a recovery point is created. So I would suggest you to wait for the catalog job to be completed before you can do granular/Item level recovery.

however you can manually trigger a catalog task by running the PowerShell command:

Start-CreateCatalog    

For more information refer below link:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/system-center-blog/backing-up-sharepoint-with-data-protection-manager-and/ba-p/350563

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Mark Lui Tuesday, October 20, 2020 6:34 AM
    Monday, October 19, 2020 9:23 AM

All replies