none
"System Error 59 has occurred"

Question

• I'm trying to map a drive through PowerShell on a Win 2012 server to a Net App device and getting the following error regardless of if I try mapping with a powershell command (new-psdrive) or a net use command.

PS C:\> net use h: \\NetApp1\software
    System error 59 has occurred.

An unexpected network error occurred.

I can ping the server just fine, I can map a drive from my Win7 workstation to that share just fine, but I can't map a drive to it. The really odd part is I mapped a drive to that share just fine last night, and when I came in this morning, I couldn't do anything with that drive or re-map it.

I did a little Google-Fu and came up with this article

But that's ultra specific to Win 2008r2 - anyone run across this before? I know Net App devices use SMB connections, but that's about where my knowledge of them (or administrative access to them in this case) begins and ends.

zarberg@gmail.com

Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:59 PM

Answers

• Turns out the issue was on the Net App device end - the team that manages it turned on SMB2 last night without notifying anyone.

zarberg@gmail.com

• Marked as answer by zarberg Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:10 PM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:10 PM

All replies

• Turns out the issue was on the Net App device end - the team that manages it turned on SMB2 last night without notifying anyone.

zarberg@gmail.com

• Marked as answer by zarberg Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:10 PM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:10 PM
  • Hi,

Good to hear that and thanks for sharing.Have a good day!

Best regards,

Susie

Friday, April 11, 2014 1:23 AM