none
Hyper V Network Virtual Switch Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there any third party tool thru which we can monitor the Network utilization of V Switch on Hyper V. 

Looking forward your response.

Kind Regards,

Farhan508

Monday, July 15, 2019 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Good Day! And thanks for posting in our forum!

ou don't want to monitor the virtual switch, you actually want to monitor the virtual ports of the virtual switch.  Each virtual port we also know as a vNIC (the virtual NIC of the VM).

This is the object you monitor.  You monitor an instance for each VM.

Monitoring the switch is like monitoring an infrastructure switch, not the same as your intent.

The Measure- set of cmdlets give you a wealth of information here.

• Measure-VM
    • Measure-VMReplication
    • Measure-VMResourcePool (most likely you aren't using these, very few folks even know they exist)

In addition, Please understand that from the company's point of view, I can't recommend any third-party tools to you, but from my personal point of view, I recommend you to look at the following links:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mspfe/2012/11/28/virtual-machine-network-monitoring-the-easy-way-with-hyper-v-in-windows-server-2012/

Please let me know if you have any question.

Cheers,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:42 AM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 1:23 AM