none
Soft restart not in server 2016 RTM? RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently installed the 180 days trail of Windows Server 2016, but noticed it still lacks the soft restart feature.
    Is this coming in a later update or has the feature been dropped completely?

Are there any alternatives to soft restart? e.g. a bootloader/VM like approach but without the overhead, perhaps?

Friday, October 7, 2016 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Gijs007,

>>but noticed it still lacks the soft restart feature.

I noticed the same in my lab.

It seems there are no official documents about it, we could wait for later updates.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 10, 2016 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Gijs007,

>>but noticed it still lacks the soft restart feature.

I noticed the same in my lab.

It seems there are no official documents about it, we could wait for later updates.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 10, 2016 2:45 AM
  • Hi Gijs007,

I'm afraid the feature is not announced that will be supported.

You could mark the reply as answer if it is helpful.

Best Regards,

Leo

Monday, October 17, 2016 5:36 AM