OSX Microsoft Remote Desktop - Disable Bitmap Caching RRS feed

• Question

• I can't figure out how to disable "Persistent Bitmap Caching" on the new Microsoft Remote Desktop application in OSX.  I was able to do it with the old version under the "Experience" tab, but with the new program, it doesn't give me that option anywhere.  

Reference the following KB Article that Microsoft suggests disabling if I get a blank screen:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/555840

I have confirmed that this "workaround" fixes my issue from a Windows machine to an remote connection, but on my Mac I cannot, because I do not have the ability to set this option.  If I need to do something from the command line, then I don't mind, I just need to know how to do it.

Thanks!
    Drew

Monday, March 23, 2015 3:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As I commented earlier there is no option for setting bitmap caching.

Thanks for understanding!

Regards.

Dharmesh Solanki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Drew,

I am afraid that it seems there is no good option for this case to set bitmap caching. But you can just go through URI scheme might helpful in your case.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn690096.aspx

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:33 AM
  • But what is the attribute for bitmap caching? 
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 10:36 PM
  • That's what I was going to ask - I see nothing about bitmap caching on the URI scheme.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:27 PM
  • Hi,

As I commented earlier there is no option for setting bitmap caching.

Thanks for understanding!

Regards.

Dharmesh Solanki

Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:32 AM
  • Actually, you said there was no good way and then recommended the URI scheme.  Thanks for the confusing answer.  I'll wait until it becomes available (if it becomes available).
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:39 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for confusing answer. If i get any news then will let you know by this thread.

Thanks for your understanding!

Dharmesh Solanki

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 1:24 AM