Windows 10 problem while connecting to printer "0x00000520" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I`ve just got new work-laptop with windows 10 and wanted to connect to shared printers in my job. I am trying to select printer by name but it doesn`t work. Instantly there is an error message: "Windows cannot connect to the printer" - error:""0x00000520". I am pretty sure that the name is correct as it worked well on my previous laptop with Windows 8. Any suggestions?

Best, 

behappy04

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    In my experience of this error, you could try:
    1. Check if the new laptop has the permission on the printer, yol could add the computer with permission on the printet and try again.
    2. Check if the printer driver is comptiable with your laptop system version.
    3. Check the laptop’s network connection with printer.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Wendy Jiang Monday, April 9, 2018 9:21 AM
    Thursday, April 5, 2018 5:36 AM
  • This is the error

C:\>winerror 0x00000520
      1312 ERROR_NO_SUCH_LOGON_SESSION

Is the laptop able to authenticate to the DC?

Do you get this message even after a reboot?  There may be stale cached domain credentials.

Alan Morris formerly with Windows Printing Team

Friday, April 6, 2018 7:32 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 9, 2018 9:21 AM
  • Hi all,

I have an exactly same issue. All win10 computer in my working place cannot connect to the shared printer.

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 1:18 PM
  • C:\>winerror 0x00000520
      1312 ERROR_NO_SUCH_LOGON_SESSION

Check your domain authentication.

Alan Morris formerly with Windows Printing Team

Friday, August 24, 2018 6:23 AM
    Answerer