none
can't see computers in my network places in windows server 2008 domain

Question

• I can't see the list of computers in a windows server 2008 domain in my network places. Where is the active directory sync and xp permesion poilcy folder to activate the my network places rights to see the list of servers and clients on a domain? i have done this before but i forgot where the ad ds poilcy folder is where the sync ad ds directory when you logon and off i know there is 5 xp rights in there as well that needs be active to see the list of servers from xp computer in my network places  im talking about the directory user permesion snc and enable xp my network places policy

Friday, August 13, 2010 10:39 PM

Answers

• by default computer browser service is not started in windows 2008 server. Please go to the services and start the computer browser services and it should show you all the list of computers  connected on network.
    http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
    • Marked as answer by Bruce-Liu Tuesday, August 24, 2010 5:59 AM
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 8:20 AM
  • Hello,

enable NetBios over TCP/IP on the NCI settings and start the browser service in the services.msc. This service is not started by default in Windows server 2008 and higher OS. If you need network browsing over subnets you have to use a WINS server.

Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Monday, August 16, 2010 8:05 AM

All replies

• Friday, August 13, 2010 11:34 PM
  • by default computer browser service is not started in windows 2008 server. Please go to the services and start the computer browser services and it should show you all the list of computers  connected on network.
    http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
    Saturday, August 14, 2010 8:20 AM
  • Hello,

enable NetBios over TCP/IP on the NCI settings and start the browser service in the services.msc. This service is not started by default in Windows server 2008 and higher OS. If you need network browsing over subnets you have to use a WINS server.

Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Monday, August 16, 2010 8:05 AM