none
Delete Address leases in DHCP server RRS feed

• Question

• May i know is there any way to automatic delete address leases in DHCP Server (Windows 2003 SP2)?
    There a lot of unknown clients (mobile phones and iPads) connected via wireless and it causes the DHCP server run of IP addresses. Every day, i have to manually deleted the clients from the DHCP server but i can't block mobile phones so any way to delete clients from the DHCP server instead of do it manually?

• Moved by Santosh Bhandarkar Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:45 AM Moved from Server General Forum
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 1:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Lower the default's lease time, your database will be cleaner in the end (but that will generate a bit more traffic)

Thanks

MCP | MCTS - Exchange 2007, Configuring | Member of TechNet Wiki Community Council | French Moderator on TechNet Wiki (Translation Widget)

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:31 AM
  • In addition to yagmoth555,

If your having to delete dhcp leases every day to free up available IP's this is a good indication that you may need to add additional subnets / ip address ranges to your scope and break up the assignments based on what ever method works best for your company.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Lower the default's lease time, your database will be cleaner in the end (but that will generate a bit more traffic)

Thanks

MCP | MCTS - Exchange 2007, Configuring | Member of TechNet Wiki Community Council | French Moderator on TechNet Wiki (Translation Widget)

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:31 AM

If your having to delete dhcp leases every day to free up available IP's this is a good indication that you may need to add additional subnets / ip address ranges to your scope and break up the assignments based on what ever method works best for your company.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:59 AM
  • In addition, buy a new wireless router just for your wireless devices. Configure the wireless router in a new subnet. 

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:48 AM

+1, I didn't thougth to that, good point

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 12:47 AM
  • May i know is there any way to automatic delete address leases in DHCP Server (Windows 2003 SP2)?
    There a lot of unknown clients (mobile phones and iPads) connected via wireless and it causes the DHCP server run of IP addresses. Every day, i have to manually deleted the clients from the DHCP server but i can't block mobile phones so any way to delete clients from the DHCP server instead of do it manually?

Hi All

I am also having the same issue in  my network ,  Network Range  range is 192.168.1.x ( 192.168.1.1 gateway ) and wireless access point  is 192.168.1.254

the DHCP range is  from (192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200)    Statis Ips for Servers are assigned from 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.99 .

Number of clients systems + I phones , I pads may be around 70 , 

But even though the DHCP Ip address are almost 100 the DHCP leases are expiring and not releasing /renewing

Due to this the clients are not able to get Ips and getting APIPA Ips

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:45 AM
  • Hi Anand-M

the answer is to lower the lease time

Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:46 AM