Mouse & keyboard delay in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I have a brand new Dell T7500 Precision Workstation running Win7 64-bit.  I have a MS Laser Mouse 6000 v2.0 and a MS Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3.0 using the latest Intellipoint/type drivers.  After I log into my user profile within a few minutes the mouse pointer will lag behind the movements of the mouse making it virtually impossible to land specifically on a spot on the screen.  My keyboard is also delayed and as I type, characters are delayed.  It seems that there is some process going on in the background that kicks in slowing the mouse & keyboard down.  How do I go about troubleshooting what might be causing the slowdown?  Batteries are new, dongle is visible and within 2 feet of both mouse and keyboard, and I have also replaced the dongle.

Thanks all, very much.

• Edited by BEBaker Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:27 AM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 3:55 AM

Answers

• Thank you Alex.  I tried all the steps in the kb article but to no avail.  I am currently using a wired keyboard and wired mouse and naturally, get none of the delays or lagging issues.  So, it is likely not some background process on the computer but might be something in the area of my computer that is creating interference.  I tried changing the USB ports, the batteries, re-syncing and am using the most current Intellipoint/type drivers.  But nothing helps so, I think that I will just stick with the wired devices.

Very grateful for your help.

Brett

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:09 AM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you refer to the following article to troubleshoot this kind of issue:

Troubleshoot response failures in wireless keyboard or mouse

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838398

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:13 AM
  • Thank you Alex.  I tried all the steps in the kb article but to no avail.  I am currently using a wired keyboard and wired mouse and naturally, get none of the delays or lagging issues.  So, it is likely not some background process on the computer but might be something in the area of my computer that is creating interference.  I tried changing the USB ports, the batteries, re-syncing and am using the most current Intellipoint/type drivers.  But nothing helps so, I think that I will just stick with the wired devices.

Very grateful for your help.

Brett

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:09 AM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:22 AM
  • I realize this post is old but it is the first that came up in my search for a solution to my same problem with keyboard and mouse delay on my Dell computer with Windows 7.  After months of frustration I explained the situation to my husband who simply plugged in a USB extension cord into the port where the Dell mouse and keyboard USB is plugged into the back of the computer and then plugged the Dell mouse and keyboard USB into that.  Now the USB is right near my mouse and keyboard and they work great!!  My original set up was only 2 feet from my keyboard but I guess that was too far for the USB antenna.  Hope this helps!!
    Friday, October 23, 2015 12:26 PM
  • The only solution that worked with me is to use an extension USB cable for the USB dongle. It seems that it was close to the router or the router cable so it was getting some interference. It is ok now. Hope this helps.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2020 12:50 PM