none
Workgroup Local Security Policies RRS feed

• Question

• i have workgroup windows server machines , i already configured the Security policy for them using Secpol.msc when i ran the gpresult  /h or /r i did not find any security policy configured (password policy , user rights , security options ) also when run the rsop did not show any configured policy , and this cause that compliance scan against these servers to be not compliant 

so any idea or help to how generate report with configured security policies on local machine 

Friday, June 16, 2017 8:13 AM

All replies

• AFAIK rsop and gpresult will show Group Policy settings, which are applied if you are in an Active Directory environment and use GPOs.

Because these are workgroup machines, they won't have Group Policies applied to them, hence the absence of any results.

The only thing I can think of is to export the local policy settings

• Run secpol.msc
    • Right-click Security Settings
    • Select Export
    • Save the file.

Other than that, you could take screenshots of the configured policies (if there's specific parts you need to audit)

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | CISSP, CISM, CEH, GIAC, MCSE (Security), MVP Twitter @georgathomas This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, June 19, 2017 4:36 AM