none
Server 2008 R2 dropping connections to clients. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Server 2008 R2  that  is randomly dropping the network connection to clients and then the two apps that it is hosting to them are disconnected.  It is hosting current versions of Filemaker Server and Quickbooks Enterprise.  The network consists of 20 clients, this domain controller, an Exchange 2008 Server and a Server 2016 box.  I installed network monitor and saw and killed any extra utilities n-able, remoteviewer, etc.  

This is a supermicro box that I have not had issues with of the series but, I tried replacing the nic card anyways with the same results.  Is there specific logs that I can generate that will tell me something is flooding that IP address or what is hanging me up?

additional note: If on Sunday, when no one is in the building, I ping this server from a client pc, I get 5 to 50 pings and then request timed out...then 5 to 20 and repeat (completely random).   Several times there are two timeouts in a row.

and another thing: I just was using robocopy to mirror 200gb of data off to the 2016 server and during the copy process I saw about a TENTH of the amount of drops.  In other words, I saw a more consistent 50 pings, one drop and then 50 more good pings.

Help APPRECIATED

Mike

• Edited by zigandzag Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:38 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2018 10:42 PM

All replies

• Hi, please validate if your switch is in error. Seem a backend problem.

Regards, Philippe

Don't forget to mark as answer or vote as helpful to help identify good information. ( linkedin endorsement never hurt too :o) )

Answer an interesting question ? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 6:04 PM