none
Microsoft Admin Center and Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Microsoft Admin Center states it supports Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and I must upgrade to Powershell 5.0+.

Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 ships w/ 4.0 and fails to upgrade to 5.0 or above.

It state the OS is not supported.

Any ideas? I can't find anything about this searching online for the past 2 hours...

Thank you!

Monday, April 22, 2019 4:10 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please check the links below for more information.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/understand/faq

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/use/manage-hyper-converged

Mark it as answer if your question has solved. MCT Regional Lead. x2 MCSE-MCSA Exchange Server & Windows Server

Monday, April 22, 2019 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Please try the following thread and download Win8.1AndW2K12R2-KB3191564-x64.msu on the server to see if Powershell 5.0+ can be installed in server 2012 R2.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/3b13b6a0-ecb2-429d-ad8d-533b7322c7ee/installation-of-powershell-50-on-windows-2012-r2?forum=winserverpowershell

I look forward to hearing to your good news. If you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 22, 2019 8:34 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 7:11 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going on? Was your issue resolved?

Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael

Sunday, April 28, 2019 10:41 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Michael

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 5:42 AM