none
disk quotas per user basis

Question

• I am new to using disk quotas and currently setup a template so the defaults size all users get is 1GB. I then created a quota for d:\users folder and used that template.

I have special requirements that approx. 10 of the 100 user folders below the D:\users need a template apply so their user folder is 5GB in size. Can this be achieve by creating a new template then create a new quota for each user that would point to for example d:\users\jjputas ?

Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:49 PM

All replies

• https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/FileIO/managing-disk-quotas contains general information about managing disk quotas.  In particular, the section on system administration talks about details.  Yes, you can set up different users with different quotas.  You don't define what your 'template' is, so it may or may not be possible to use it for different purposes.  However, you can set different quotas using available tools.

tim

Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:59 PM
  • Hi, 
    Was your issue solved?
    If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help. 
    Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:42 PM