none
Error in Server Manager > Storage - Error Occurred during storage enumeration - WS-Management exceeded maximum of 100 concurrent operations RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following error on a Server 2012 host.

under Server manager > Storage - I am unable to see the storage, volumes, disks etc

The error is as follows:

The WS-Management service cannot process the request. This service has exceeded its maximum of 100 concurrent operations per user allowed for plugin "WMI Provider". Retry the request later of raise the maximum Operations per User quota.

I'm unsure how to fix this.

can anyone assist?

Regards

Rob

Friday, September 13, 2013 12:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• ok now things have degraded further :(

server manager wont show storage or hyper-v in the console

hyper-v manager wont connect to localhost

all the VM guests still seem to be running fine, which is good, but the host seems to be broken.

i guess i need to reboot- but unsure whats going on...

hopefully nothing is broken and i still have my weekend...

Friday, September 13, 2013 5:18 AM
  • This is the error in Hyper-V Manager

I believe its something gone whack with the WinRM services.

Friday, September 13, 2013 9:45 AM
  • Server reboot has resolved the issue.
    • Marked as answer by Robert Kruk Friday, September 13, 2013 3:55 PM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 3:55 PM
  • Hi,

I’m glad to hear that you have resolved the issue and thanks for sharing your solution in the forum. This will help others who face the same scenario resolve the issue quickly. If there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know. I will be very happy to help.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 16, 2013 2:26 AM
  • I've been dealing with the same problem for two weeks.  Restarting the server is a band aid not a solution.
    Monday, July 10, 2017 6:59 PM