none
Indexing services on windows server 2012 R2 not working if file extension is DOC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using windows indexing services on windows server 2012 R2. Search by File content is not working for the word files with DOC (caps) as extension. 

the same is working if the file extension is doc (small letters).

I tried search the file content of DOC extension files I am not getting the result. 

can any one please help me why this is happening for only those files (.DOC). 

Selvakumar Rathinam

Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I did a test in my lab and it worked properly with either extension .doc or .DOC.

Please check your indexing locations. Or try to rebuild the index to have a test.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 20, 2017 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Selvakumar Rathinam,

Move to windows server forum for a better support, thanks for your understanding :)

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 20, 2017 2:52 AM
  • Hi,

I did a test in my lab and it worked properly with either extension .doc or .DOC.

Please check your indexing locations. Or try to rebuild the index to have a test.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 20, 2017 3:49 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 12:52 PM
  • Thanks Alvin.

The search is not working when the file is corrupted/damaged otherwise it works pretty well.

Selvakumar Rathinam

Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:14 AM