none
new-cluster static address was not found on any cluster network RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Recently my 2 node cluster got into some issue one of my node was not able to start up. I tried running start-custernode -forcequorum

but i got error Start-clusternode: the system cannot find the file specified.

No solution found. So i went to the other node which still with the cluster and remove the cluster.

Removing of cluster is fine no issue. However i face another problem the moment i wanted to recreate the cluster.

The error shown was -

New-Cluster: Static address 'x.x.x.x' was not found on any cluster network.

If anyone know what going on please let me know. Thanks.

• Moved by jrv Friday, August 16, 2019 3:28 PM correct forum
    Friday, August 16, 2019 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Jimson,

you will get a quicker response if you post your question in the right forum. In your case it is the "High Availability (Clustering)" forum, found here:

High Availability (clustering)

Or maybe a Moderator can move it accordingly...

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, August 16, 2019 9:42 AM
  • sorry i didn't realize that there a forum just for HA browsed question and it seem all question lead to the powershell forum.

Mod please kindly remove this thread i will proceed to ask question on the correct forum.

Sorry for the trouble.

Friday, August 16, 2019 9:49 AM
  • Hey,

no worries, just making sure you get to the right guys to ask your question :) This way you will get to a faster resolution.

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, August 16, 2019 9:51 AM
  • Moved to correct forum

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, August 16, 2019 3:28 PM
  • Hi,

I noticed that you posted a new thread in the Clustering Forum, and we closed the post, and the Cluster Experts would reply in the new post.

Thanks,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 19, 2019 6:03 AM