none
I can not get my TS Remote Apps to span multiple monitors RRS feed

• Question

•  

I can not get my TS Remote Apps to span multiple monitors. A standard RDP connection works just fine across multiple monitors, but the RemoteApp seems to be confined to my main monitor (monitor #1). is this a bug or is there a work around. I am using WindowsXP Pro SP2, with RDP Client 6.0

TIA,

Dave

Friday, November 2, 2007 4:56 PM

Answers

•  

>>Do you have 'Span Monitors:i:1' in your RemoteApp .rdp file?  Also, which version of WS08 are you using? 

Yes, and I am using WS2008 Datacenter RC0

>>How many monitors do you have? What are their resolutions and layouts?

2 Monitors, both have 1280x1024 resolutions, and they are side by side with monitor 1 on the left.

Thursday, November 8, 2007 10:23 PM
  • The issue is actually on the client side, the 6.0 client doesn't support Remote Apps with span mode, you'll need the latest Beta RDP Client to get that.  You should be able to get the standalone RDC 6.1 for XPSP3 through the Microsoft Connect Beta program. 

Thanks,

Drew

Monday, November 19, 2007 6:53 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Dave,

Do you have 'Span Monitors:i:1' in your RemoteApp .rdp file?  Also, which version of WS08 are you using? 

Thanks,

Drew

Monday, November 5, 2007 3:41 PM
  • How many monitors do you have? What are their resolutions and layouts?

Thanks

Rong

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 10:55 PM
  •  

>>Do you have 'Span Monitors:i:1' in your RemoteApp .rdp file?  Also, which version of WS08 are you using? 

Yes, and I am using WS2008 Datacenter RC0

>>How many monitors do you have? What are their resolutions and layouts?

2 Monitors, both have 1280x1024 resolutions, and they are side by side with monitor 1 on the left.

Thursday, November 8, 2007 10:23 PM
  • The issue is actually on the client side, the 6.0 client doesn't support Remote Apps with span mode, you'll need the latest Beta RDP Client to get that.  You should be able to get the standalone RDC 6.1 for XPSP3 through the Microsoft Connect Beta program. 

Thanks,

Drew

Monday, November 19, 2007 6:53 PM
  • Hey Drew,
    I'm working with XPe sp2, I download KB952155, which susposidly is RDC6.1.
    This box is connecting to a WS08 stnd sp1, with all updates.
    I still get the issue talked about in this tread.
    Not able to span terminal apps across multiple monitors.
    When I check my ver of mstsc it says 6.0.6001
    Do I need a beta ver or is there another install for XPe that will resolve this issue.

thanks
    Scott
    Friday, November 21, 2008 8:10 PM