none
3D Hardware acceleration on RDP (Native Host) without Hyper-V RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is it possible for two Windows 10 ( I don't know if specific versions might be used ) PCs to act as RDP server and client and benefit from 3D hardware acceleration on RDP Client while no Hyper-V machine is created on Host machine.

Clearly, Windows 10 host in my scenario is a Native OS without any virtual machine and Windows 10 client wants to access the host via RDP but requires hardware acceleration instead of RDP classic screen capture method.

I have enabled all settings related to hardware acceleration of RDP on gpedit.msc but nothing changed.

Host side is Windows 10 Pro for workstation 1809 with Nvidia Quadro K600 VGA adapter with latest Nvidia driver and windows updates.

Client side is Windows 10 Pro 1803.

What's wrong here ?

Saturday, June 29, 2019 9:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can check the detail compatible information on hardware provider’s official website. Or, contact their supporter and confirm with them if this function is supported via Remote Desktop.

Such as function “OpenGL hardware acceleration on Windows Remote Desktop” is described via below link:
    https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/76507/en-us

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 1, 2019 7:50 AM
  • Hello,

OpenGL hardware acceleration on Windows Remote Desktop is supported by Nvidia for my case, but does Microsoft supports this feature only on Virtual Machines or it works on Native OS too ?

Thanks

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 5:42 PM
  • Hi,

Hardware relate function is provided by hardware and its driver, please contact the hardware provider and confirm with them about the function supportability via remote session.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 8:39 AM