none
DFSR Healthreport for Domain System Volume RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

Trying to build a script that is run daily that generates a health report of the DFS replication of Sysvol. 

I am able to see the Domain System Volume with the following command: 

Get-DfsReplicationGroup -groupname "Domain System Volume" -includesysvol | Write-DfsrHealthReport -path "C:\temp"

But when i try to pipe the command to Write-DfsrHealthReport i get an errormessage that the replication group cannot be found. 

"Write-DfsrHealthReport : Could not create the health report on the computer named DC1 because no replication groups found named: "Domain System Volume"

Also tried to use the command without piping it, but i get the same errormessage.

Write-DfsrHealthReport -ReferenceComputerName DC1 -GroupName "Domain System Volume" -path C:\temp

I have noticed that the Write-DFSRHealthReport command does not have the -includesysvol parameter. 

I am currently running the powershell as Domain Admin. 

Does anyone have a solution to this issue? 

I can generate the report in the GUI. 

Best Regards

Joakim

Monday, June 17, 2019 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Joakim,

As per the documentation for Get-DfsReplicationGroup, they have internal blocks that is probably preventing us from getting information directly about the "Domain System Volume" DFS replication group.

-IncludeSysvolIndicates that the cmdlet retrieves the special Domain System Volume replication group that domain controllers create. This replication group contains the SYSVOL Share replicated folder. DFS Replication does not allow direct modification of SYSVOL due to internal blocks, and this parameter is provided for convenience only so that administrators can inventory if a domain contains DFSR SYSVOL.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Monday, June 17, 2019 1:49 PM