none
Unable to connect to remote PC. Please provide the fully-qualified name or the IP address of the remote PC, and then try again. RRS feed

• Question

• Can't connect get the same message everytime. I have tried restarting computer 100x, Shutting down 1000x. Still get the "Unable to connect to remote PC. Please provide the fully-qualified name or the IP address of the remote PC, and then try again"

This is the worst piece of shiiii program ever. I will just buy a microsoft computer where I do not have to do this through my MAC.

PIECE OFFFFF SH

Friday, August 16, 2019 5:17 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same issue on my Mac today as well!!!!!
    Friday, August 16, 2019 6:09 PM
  • HI
    0 from your description ,did your issue happen when you remote access session host server on MAC computer by using Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac?
    1 where is your session host server ?is it in Azure vm or physical machine ?
    2 can you enter winver in command prompt on session host server and look the os version and os version number ?
      can you look the os version of MAC computer ?
    3 if you download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.0 (1638) on your MAC computer ,will the problem persist ?
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.0 (1638)
    https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/5e0c144289a51fca2d3bfa39ce7f2b06/

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 19, 2019 10:09 AM
  • 4 when we remote access from MAC computer to a clean install win10(without install update ) ,will the problem persist ? 

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:25 PM