none
WMI Not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have Windows 2003 Ent Server SP2, yesterday my server was shut down abnormally due to Power shutdown, after that i found my system state backup was not happen so i tried force backup but backup not succeeded, so i checked event log and found VSS Event  12289 " Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error  OpenService (shSCManager, 'VSS', SERVICE_QUERY_STATUS).  hr = 0x80070005." and WinMgmt Event ID 28 "WinMgmt could not initialize the core parts.  This could be due to a badly installed version of WinMgmt, WinMgmt repository upgrade failure, insufficient disk space or insufficient memory.
    " i checked all possibility like disk size , memory,services but still problem is persists , after that i check VSS service dependency it shows " WMI not installed" pl help how to recover WMI as i don't have backup  

Thanks, Sandeep Lahange
    • Moved by Tim QuanModerator Monday, June 13, 2011 3:33 AM 2003 issue (From:Backup – Windows and Windows Server)
    Friday, June 10, 2011 6:05 PM

Answers

• It seems that one or several services is affected by the power shutdown.

Try import the following reg entry from a good system. Please backup before edit:

HKCR\AppID\WINMGMT.EXE

Disable then stop the "Windows Management Instrumentation" Service

re-register WBEM DLLs:

CD %windir%\system32\wbem
    for /f %s in ('dir /b /s *.dll') do regsvr32 /s %s

Set to automatic start and restart the "Windows Management Instrumentation" service to see the result.

Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Friday, June 17, 2011 9:07 AM

All replies

Try import the following reg entry from a good system. Please backup before edit:

HKCR\AppID\WINMGMT.EXE

re-register WBEM DLLs:

Set to automatic start and restart the "Windows Management Instrumentation" service to see the result.

Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Friday, June 17, 2011 9:07 AM

HKCR\AppID\WINMGMT.EXE

re-register WBEM DLLs:

I have a Windows 2003 Server SP2 with the "WMI: not found" error on the dependencies tab of any service. This fixed my problem. Thank you! I just gave the registry key HKCR\AppID\WINMGMT.EXE a visual check against another server. The for loop to re-register all the DLLs from %systemroot%\system32\wbem is what really fixed the problem.
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 5:55 PM