none
google chrome : client certificate install fails

Question

• when i try ti install client certificate on google chrome, the error says : The server returned invalid client certificate.

This is happening in Google chrome under the certsrv site to install the issued certificate. Does chrome support client certificates?

Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:13 PM

Answers

• In message
    <c6804342-753b-4851-8840-6293b9e9ea79@communitybridge.codeplex.com>
    lookingforsolution was claimed to have wrote:

when i try ti install client certificate on google chrome, the error says : The server returned invalid client certificate.

This is happening in Google chrome under the certsrv site to install the issued certificate. Does chrome support client certificates?

In Windows it's no problem, no idea about other platforms.

Try installing it from IE and see if you get the same issue.  Google
    Chrome uses Windows' certificate store.

Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:44 PM

All replies

• In message
    <c6804342-753b-4851-8840-6293b9e9ea79@communitybridge.codeplex.com>
    lookingforsolution was claimed to have wrote:

when i try ti install client certificate on google chrome, the error says : The server returned invalid client certificate.

In Windows it's no problem, no idea about other platforms.

Try installing it from IE and see if you get the same issue.  Google
    Chrome uses Windows' certificate store.

Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:44 PM
  • Question: 
    What does Error 207 (net::ERR_CERT_INVALID) mean when I try to collect my certificate (CodeSigning or Email)?

Answer: 
    This means that you have tried to obtain your certificate using the Google Chrome browser. At this present time Google Chrome does not support chained certificate enrollment and you can not use another browser to collect this certificate because the private key was generated with Chrome and you must start the process from the beginning again using another browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Source:

https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Default/Knowledgebase/Article/View/776/38/ 

Friday, April 10, 2015 3:31 PM
  • Dave,

I have found that with Certificate Web Enrollment on 2008 R2 or higher that the following cases have tested successful on enrollment:

windows: IE, Firefox

mac: Safari, Firefox

Chrome is currently a no-go on either platform. 

Friday, April 10, 2015 3:32 PM