none
Configuring Inter-site Replication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I've got this scenario : 

2 DC at HQ : DC1 and DC2 , 2 DC at different branch : DCBranch1 and DCBranch2. Then I create 2 sites beside the Default so there's 3 sites : Default, SitesA, SitesB.

I want to configure so the replication at SitesB replicate only to SitesA not to Default and SitesB replicate to Default. What do I have to configure?

rgds, Krisna
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to the Replication Between Sites chapter in the How Active Directory Replication Topology Works article, Replication between sites is two-way by default. For more information, please refer to the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755994(WS.10).aspx#w2k3tr_repto_how_bwzg

Although we cannot configure one-way site replication, we still have a workaround to achieve it:

1.    Launch Active Directory Sites and Services.

2.    Expend Sites, Servers, Server Name and NTDS Settings.

3.    Check the From Server column for which you want to disable replication and double click it.

4.    Click Change Schedule button, select all the boxes and point None.

5.    Click OK to check the result.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check the below link

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770712.aspx

Thanks and Regards, Vikas This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Vikas Siingh Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:06 AM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:06 AM
  • Thx for the link m8..but I already know that step, any guideline that much more specific, such as creating an IP-Link ?
    rgds, Krisna
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:52 AM
  • Hi,

According to the Replication Between Sites chapter in the How Active Directory Replication Topology Works article, Replication between sites is two-way by default. For more information, please refer to the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755994(WS.10).aspx#w2k3tr_repto_how_bwzg

Although we cannot configure one-way site replication, we still have a workaround to achieve it:

1.    Launch Active Directory Sites and Services.

2.    Expend Sites, Servers, Server Name and NTDS Settings.

3.    Check the From Server column for which you want to disable replication and double click it.

4.    Click Change Schedule button, select all the boxes and point None.

5.    Click OK to check the result.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:42 AM