Easy print spooler file size and TOO SLOW RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

When printing from a TS session to a local printer, the spool file size on the server is 225 K but when it is send to the Remote session the file size in the local spool is more than 7 megabytes, so the cycle for receiving the file and printing to the local printer is TOO SLOW. This was tested from a Windows XP 3 and a Windows 7 with the same result local spool file size is greater than 7 megabytes !

Is there a way to tweak the Easy print service or we have to disabled it and install the printer driver on the server as we do with a Windows 2003 server  ?

Thank you,

Sylvain

Monday, March 29, 2010 7:12 PM

Answers

• Hello Sylvain,

There are GPO settings available to disable the use of Easy Print. Still users are able to connect their local printer through RDP. Beware of the driver compatibility......

Regards Robert

• Marked as answer by Rong Chen Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:08 PM
    Monday, March 29, 2010 8:27 PM

All replies

• Hello Sylvain,

There are GPO settings available to disable the use of Easy Print. Still users are able to connect their local printer through RDP. Beware of the driver compatibility......

Regards Robert

• Marked as answer by Rong Chen Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:08 PM
    Monday, March 29, 2010 8:27 PM
  • Hello Robert,

So you are telling me that's a standard behaviour for EasyPrint, If so for sure I will disable it and installed the client printer driver on my server to gain SPEED !.

Best Regards,

Sylvain

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:22 AM
  • Hi,

You can check this Kb:

This slowness problem could be due to the lack of these fix.

We hope your comments.

Un saludo,

Tomas Hidalgo

Colobora con el foro: Si la respuesta es de utilidad para resolver tu duda/problema, usa la opción "Marcar como repuesta". Otros usuarios con dudas similares -en un futuro- lo agradecerán.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:50 PM
  • Hello Tomas,

My server and client are both on .NET 3.5.1 so all those fix do not apply !. I disabled Easy Print on my TS server and now print job are very Fast !

Thank you for your precious time,

Sylvain

• Proposed as answer by Sylvain Robert Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:01 PM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:00 PM
  • Hi,

i have the same Problem like Sylvain Robert. Also using .NET 3.5 SP1

Print Job (using EasyPrint) is very slow especially over WAN Connection. The Job Size is 30 MB (printing a 1 MB PDF).

Is this a normal behavior when i use EasyPrint?

Is there a way to use EasyPrint AND decrease the Print Job Size / to speedup the printing?

Thanks a lot

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 2:50 PM
  • Michael,

I tried different setting to decrease the file size created by Easyprint and the only solution was to disabled it and configure printer like all other TS server (W2K and W2K3).

Best Regards,

Sylvain

Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem on WS2008 R2, it's only on this version, i haven't this problem on WS2008 32bit& 64bit

problem : with a ts session the file size print is big... arround 10Mbyte

with a local print the sale file is more light... arround 77Kbyte

so i tried to disable easyprint driver (uninstall easyprint via print server/ use gpo tu fix priorities of easyprint) and install print drive from constructor (hp, samsung, brother) .

and file size is always so big.

the question that i have to answer is to know if this problem is caused by my program or if its a problem of WS2008 R2.

i need your help !!!

Benoit

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 12:32 PM
  • When troubleshooting this, I have some computers which have issues, and others which do not. I verified .net 3.0 , xp sp3,

in the local queue I noticed that instead of being a remote desktop redirected document it showed up as a

system.windows.documents.fixeddocumentsequence

print job.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:59 PM
  • Did you manage to resolve this issue without disabling Terminal Services Easy Print as I have the exact same issue?

Thanks

Josef Darmenia

Eyetech Ltd
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:12 PM
  • If I print a document per PDF Printer it takes over Easy Print about 10-20 Seconds. That's ok. But if I
    print it on a Printer, it takes about 2 Minutes. What could be the reason for this slow printing?

Thursday, November 4, 2010 2:42 PM
  • This requires you to contact support to receive a link for the download.  Have you been able to obtain the new Hotfix?

Thank you, Frank Brown NextGen NCP IT Network Administrator

Monday, June 4, 2012 5:04 PM