Can't connect computer to 2012 Essentials using existing user RRS feed

• Question

• I have sucessfully migrated from SBS 2003 to 2012 Essentials, but am now having a problems connecting some computers.  I have joined some computers using admin accounts that where part of SBS 2003 as well as with a new account created in 2012.  However, if I try to join a computer using an standard account that existed in SBS 2003 it return that the user name or password is incorrect.  I have tried resetting the password as well deactivating and reactivating the user but the problem still exists.  This is occurring on two different machines with different users. 

Is there something that needs to be chnaged for an existing user?

Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

You may check this article before connecting a computer to the server: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj593255.aspx

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

• Marked as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Monday, January 7, 2013 2:52 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by PalCom Monday, January 14, 2013 12:40 AM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 8:43 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, I have had look at that but it does not help.  The computers all meet the requirements.  As I said if I use an administrator account that existed previously I can join them or if I use a new user account I can also join.  It is only when I try to use an existing standard user that it does not recognize either the username or password.

Thanks

Monday, January 14, 2013 12:39 AM