none
Can I uninstall an update that is pending reboot?

Question

• I have an urgent situation where I accidentally sent patches to some servers that were not supposed to get the patches.  They are now showing as reboot pending for the two patches.  I see the new updates listed in Add/Remove programs already.  Can I uninstall them prior to the reboot?  These are Windows Server 2003 and 2008, some R2, servers.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

CJ

Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:55 PM

Answers

• Post phone the reboot and uninstall the patches (which are not required) from add/remove programs.

Regards, Ravikumar P

Friday, March 15, 2013 11:55 AM
  • You can uninstall the patches from add/remove programs if they show up when you click the show updates radio button (Top Right) you may still need to reboot even after you uninstall the updates. If they dont show up reboot let them install cross your fingers and then uninstall them.

I am pritty sure though that when this happened to me they showed up in add/remove programs

8B17

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:53 PM

All replies

• Post phone the reboot and uninstall the patches (which are not required) from add/remove programs.

Regards, Ravikumar P

Friday, March 15, 2013 11:55 AM
  • You can uninstall the patches from add/remove programs if they show up when you click the show updates radio button (Top Right) you may still need to reboot even after you uninstall the updates. If they dont show up reboot let them install cross your fingers and then uninstall them.

I am pritty sure though that when this happened to me they showed up in add/remove programs

8B17

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:53 PM