none
Are these numbers different for 2008r2 RRS feed

• Question

• Refering to this article here - http://www.tech-faq.com/server-clustering-technologies-and-concepts.html

The numbers given under section

Communication Methods used by Cluster Nodes

Are they applicable for Win 2003 or 2008 and what has changed since then.

The methods by which nodes communicate are listed here:

• Remote Procedure Calls (RPCs); used to communicate cluster information between online cluster nodes.

• Quorum resource; used to communicate configuration changes stored in the quorum resource's quorum log when a node is online again after a failure.

• Cluster heartbeats; sent by the Node Manager of each node to verify that the other nodes in the cluster are online. The first node in the cluster transmits a heartbeat message at 0.5 second intervals, with the other node replying before 0.2 seconds have passed. If a node fails to reply within 0.2 seconds, the first node starts sending 18 heartbeat messages to the assumed failed node:

• 4 heartbeat messages at 0.70 second intervals.

• 3 heartbeat messages in the following 0.75 seconds.

• 2 heartbeat messages at 0.30 second intervals.

• 5 heartbeat messages in the following 0.90 seconds.

• 2 heartbeat messages at 0.30 second intervals.

• 2 heartbeat messages in the following 0.30 seconds.

yup
    Monday, January 17, 2011 5:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• None of that is accurate...

What's the issue / what are you trying to accomplish?

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:30 AM
    Owner
  • I was going through this artile & found these listings which I throught are details about what happens when a cluster fails over. Was looking for the internals on how a cluster works & all. Can you guide me to a web resoure or something that has details about it.
    yup
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:33 AM