none
NIC Teaming - Supported?

Question

•  Hello,

Is it supported/advisable to use NIC teaming on my WSE 2012 server?

Thanks,

Tim

Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Teaming is supported but you will find that remote web access does not work and you will get a error saying your server is not connected to the internet even though it is I have had the exact same issue on my server for some time and as far as I am aware it still has not been fixed I find that I get a better performance when streaming music etc when the network cards are teamed but if they are not on some pcs if they are accessing the same resource I get a bottle neck and music playback is poor. If you are not bothered about remote web access and you can live with the error regarding your server is not connected to the internet then I would say try it and see if you get any better performance over your network you can always revert it back to a single network card if it doesn't work out. To be honest I am surprised the bugs haven't been fixed yet.

Darren

Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:30 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Yes, Windows Server 2012 includes an integrated NIC Teaming solution. For more information, please see this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831648.aspx

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Friday, May 31, 2013 8:45 AM
  • Hello,

I was able to successfully create the team, and while it worked from a general OS perspective, as Daz2004 pointed out anywhere access errors out and fails to work properly.

Is this something that should work in 2012 essentials? I realize from an overall Windows 2012 perspective it works, but Essentials seems to have problems with it.

Thanks,
    Tim

Friday, June 21, 2013 4:03 PM