none
Home Folders does NOT map on Initial Logon Using ADUC Settings RRS feed

• Question

• I do have Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\ Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon (enabled)

All switches have Portfast enabled

All GPO are processed fine.

On few users (same user on ANY different device) will not map home drive that is in profile

It just simply is not there. But "set" shows:

HOMEDRIVE=U:
    HOMEPATH=\
    HOMESHARE=\\server.domain.local\Stafffile\Users\UserInQuestion

So it should be there. But no matter what, it does not happen.

Only way I can do is Loopback GPO with GPP but there I can even specify %HOMESHARE% and it maps perfectly fine.

Been all over the Internet, trying to figure that one out, but simply can not

Maybe somebody has any idea?

Seb

Saturday, May 18, 2019 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hello scerazy,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

First, if we want to trouble the issue, we should not apply "Loopback GPO with GPP".

According to "On few users (same user on ANY different device) will not map home drive that is in profile", I want to confirm the following information:
    Suppose we have ten users configured with the home folder. the ten users can not see their home folders, or part of the ten users are unable to see their home folders?

If only part of the ten users can not see their home folders? We can trouble as below:

1. To specify a network path for the home folder, you must first create the network share and set permissions that permit the user access.

2. Check whether we configure the home folder correctly.

3. Between these users, users that can see their home folders and users that can not see their home folders have different group policies, we can compare the group policy between them.

For details we can refer to 
    Assign a home folder to a domain user in this article How to assign a home folder to a user.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 20, 2019 3:42 AM
  • Daisy, please do not bother to reply to me.

You are wasting your and mine time! Thank you!

Monday, May 20, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Hi,
    If there’s any question or concern, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:51 AM
  • Hi,
    If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:39 AM
  • Can you PLEASE stop littering this thread!
    Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:30 PM
  • Hi,
    OK. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Friday, May 24, 2019 7:18 AM
  • How difficult is to take a hint?
    Saturday, May 25, 2019 9:21 PM
  • Hi,
    Is our question solved? If so, we can update the resolution here. If not, please feel free to let us know.

As always, if there any question in future, we warmly welcome you to post in this partner forum again. We are happy to assist you!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Monday, May 27, 2019 4:05 AM
  • Really? If you stop interfering then maybe somebody else can chip in?
    Monday, May 27, 2019 9:22 PM
  • Hi,
    OK.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 10:05 AM