none
WSUS cleanup - wizard ect RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo 

I have a wsus installation that is growing huge, its 355gb atm. I have runned the server cleanup wizard, but it only cleaned 10gb data. Next patch of updates im gonna run out of space i fear. 

My quistion is can i go a head a decline old updates i can see there is the updates approved from 2003 and up. Can i decline all old updates and run the wizard again to clean up more space ?

or do you have a other suggestion ?

Best regards.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Peter Hviid,

1. I would suggest checking the "Products and Classifications", ensure you only check needed ones, it's not recommended to check "Drivers" in "Classifications";

2. Check if you selected "Download express installation files in "Update files and Languages", if you want to free the disk, you may uncheck it;

3. After then, you may run "cd /d C:\program files\update services\tools wsusutil reset” to re-download the content files;

4. Then decline superseded and unneeded updates, then run ServerCleanupWizard;

5. Besides, if you don't want to download update files locally, you may check "Do not store update files locally; computers install from Microsoft Update" in "Update files and languages". With this option, WSUS server will only download the metadata of the update, when clients need to download the update files, it will direct to MU.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 1:54 AM
  • Hi Peter Hviid,

Have you got any progress with your issue? Could the above replies be of help? If yes, please mark related reply as answer, if not feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 5:23 AM