none
Edge on Windows Server 2016 Trial

Question

• Now, as Windows Server 2016 is downloadable in the final trial edition, I discovered, that the Edge browser is no longer visible. It was replaced by Internet Explorer. How can I re-activate Edge?

Patrick

Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Patrick,

I installed Server 2016 and also see Internet Explorer only.

And the on the download page for Edge, only Win10 is listed as supported OS.

Maybe we need to wait for the new version of Edge.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 30, 2016 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,

I installed Server 2016 and also see Internet Explorer only.

And the on the download page for Edge, only Win10 is listed as supported OS.

Maybe we need to wait for the new version of Edge.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 30, 2016 7:06 AM
  • yes, and I just was on Google, but I still didn't find any useful information concerning Edge on the new Server.
    Wednesday, October 05, 2016 5:48 PM
  • At Ignite last week, I heard one of the product managers mention that Edge was no longer part of Windows Server.  Nobody asked any questions about why it was removed - simply accepted the statement.  There were several hundred people in that session, so it appears it was not something that raised any significant concern, otherwise I am sure someone would have asked a question.

. : | : . : | : . tim

Wednesday, October 05, 2016 6:42 PM
  • Lots of silence about this from Microsoft.

Edge was in all Technical Previews.

So Microsoft, let all know why edge was removed from Windows 2016 Server?

Monday, October 10, 2016 4:56 PM