none
New Certificate Template to issue Cannot find certificate template. RRS feed

• Question

• I have create a new certificate template.

But I cannot find it on the Enable Certificate Template.

The certificate template Compatibility Settings is Windos Server 2012 R2 and Windows 7/Server 2008 R2.

What should I do?

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 12:18 AM

All replies

• Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

Is our new certificate template a user certificate template or a computer certificate template?

If it is a computer certificate template, we need to set computer permission on this computer certificate template, we need to assign specific computer group or domain computers permissions as below, right click this certificate->select Properties->Security tab:

If it is a user certificate template, we need to set user permission on this user certificate template, we need to assign specific user group or domain users permissions as below, right click this certificate->select Properties->Security tab :

After that, we try to enable Certificate templates: right-click Certificate Template->select New->click Certificate Template to Issue

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:24 AM
  • It's computer certificate.

I have to set computer permission.

I has been changed compatibility settings:

If it is default setting:

The certificate template can be find.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:33 AM
  • You didn't create a duplicate template to base your new template on. Before saving your duplicated template you need to set the name in the first field of the General tab before saving it.

Save it and it will then show up in this list. 

Bill

Regards,

Bill

Bill Stites - PKI Consultant

Bill Stites, PKI Consultant , started in PKI at Providence Health & Services
    in the Pacific Northwest in 2006. He has since consulted in the design and implementation of PKIs
    and certificate management systems in retail, government and insurance organizations.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:51 PM
  • It has been set.
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 2:39 AM
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your update. I’m very glad that the problem has been solved.

As always, if there is any question in future, we warmly welcome you to post in this forum again. We are happy to assist you!

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 5:41 AM