none
What is mapping/has mapped drives in 2003 Terminal Services server? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 2003 Terminal Services Server joined to the domain that has 3 drives mapped to a server that no longer exists (show disconnected) for every user that logs in. I'm not worried about being able to remove these for all users as I can do it through a login script, but I want to determine how they were initially mapped. I logged into the server as a user that hadn't accessed the system before and it received the 3 drive mappings. However, when I net use /d one of the drives under my profile, it does not attempt to remap it. I disabled the local group policies and had a user login in that has never accessed the system and he got the drives as well. This server is in an OU with all our other servers, so no domain based group policies are creating these drives. Local user login also receives the drives. I do not see anything in the All Users startup folder that would be mapping the drives.

Like I said, I can script it so these get unmapped, but I'd really like to find out what is causing this to happen. What else can I check to determine the culprit?

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:24 PM

Answers

All replies