none
How could I install microsoft c++ 14.0 offline? RRS feed

• Question

• Rescently, I definitely struggle with this bug when I install a python package cx_Oracle, "building cxoracle extension error: Microsoft visual c++ 14.0 is required, get it with build tools for visual studio https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/". But my computer could not access to the internet, so how could I install microsoft c++ offline correctly? 
    Thursday, May 27, 2021 3:35 AM

All replies

• check out this 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/create-an-offline-installation-of-visual-studio?view=vs-2019

• Proposed as answer by Gadai BPKB Saturday, June 12, 2021 5:27 AM
    Saturday, May 29, 2021 11:08 AM
  • its already posted, kindly first search for previously posted threads.
    Saturday, May 29, 2021 3:00 PM
  • To install Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 offline requires a few steps. This was part of the process for getting SQL Server 2017 with Machine Learning / Python running at work.

1. Download the Build Tools executable from the network installation page.
    2. Set up a folder on a drive where you have a good amount of space free. Microsoft notes that a complete install requires at least 35 GB (Gigabytes) of space available, and in my experience I needed close to 20 GB.
    3. Run the executable from the command line with additional arguments. The ones I used were: c:\temp\vs_buildtools.exe --layout d:\vs2017offline --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.VCTools --lang en-US. To learn more about what these arguments are, check out Customizing the network layout.
    4. Once everything is downloaded, copy the folder over to the device it's to be installed on. I'm not sure if it matters, but I kept the layout folder path the same between the two devices.
    5. Normally certificates would be installed as part of a normal installation. However in this case, there are certificates that will need to be installed by hand or script as described by Microsoft. These are located in the layout folder, which for me was d:\vs2017offline\certificates. I double clicked and each certificate for the entire machine rather than for an individual user.
    6. Once the certificates are installed, the Offline Installation guide mentions running another script to install it on the local machine. I ran into issues getting this working, and so I just ran the executable from the layout folder and only installed the Build Tools that I had downloaded before. When checking the options, I turned on the mandatory content, and then the VC 14 build tools. This process took FAR longer than I expected, and had assumed it had either crashed or was trying to go out to the network. But until it actually gave me network errors, it just seems to take a while to complete.

Once the Build Tools were installed, I had to also modify my pip.ini to connect to a local python package repository. To change the location, I created a new pip.ini file with something similar to the link above that looked like: [global] index-url = https://localhost:8443/repository/pypi-all/simple. Once I created the file, to have it picked up, I followed this Stack Overflow post and created the file in C:\ProgramData\pip\pip.ini.

Finally, after everything was set up, I was able to run pip installer from python folder in SQL Server and install new packages.

source: www.aaronjgrossman.com

Thursday, June 10, 2021 4:40 AM
  • Best solution to your problem and future problems might occur with time, i suggest you not to install programming software in os partition.  

• download vmware player 6 or more
    • install vmware 
    • fetch linux iso image ( centos 8 or Linux oracle ) or ( Ubuntu , if you are new to linux go with linuxfx exactly same Gui as win10). 
    • install your linux in the virtual machine ,  
    • after installation, in web find the command to install python, and can find multiple app for programming free
    • enjoy programming without harming your physical machine. 

• Proposed as answer by Loria Prewett Sunday, July 18, 2021 3:57 PM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2021 2:03 AM
  • Thank You.
    • Proposed as answer by erwinpratama Saturday, June 26, 2021 6:14 AM
    Saturday, June 26, 2021 6:13 AM
  • This is probably the best solution for the problem!
    Sunday, July 18, 2021 3:56 PM
  • Best answer for your concern and future issues may happen with time, I recommend you not to introduce programming in os parcel. 

download vmware player at least 6 

introduce vmware 

bring linux iso picture ( centos 8 or Linux prophet ) or ( Ubuntu , in case you are new to linux go with linuxfx precisely same Gui as win10). 

introduce your linux in the virtual machine , 

after establishment, in web discover the order to introduce python, and can discover numerous application for programming free 

appreciate programming without hurting your actual machine.
    Monday, July 19, 2021 5:44 AM
  • After months of researching and trying all sorts of methods the following has worked:

Step 1: Download the build_tools.exe of your choice

Step 2: Make sure you are on a machine with the exact same environment you are going to install the c++ dependencies on. i.e. If server is windows server 2016 64bit run a vm to emulate that exact environment.

Step 3: Goto this site to get a list of all possible components you can download in the next step - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/workload-component-id-vs-community?view=vs-2019

Step 4: Follow the following instructions to get a local cache download of your choice - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/create-an-offline-installation-of-visual-studio?view=vs-2019

Step 5: copy everything to the server and continue following the instructions from step 4

Step 6: restart the machine to apply paths properly

Step 7: copy rc.exe and rcdll.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\bin\x86 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin

Step 8: Download the latest setuptools from pypi.org

Step 9: run the following command with admin rights python -m pip install path/to/setuptools.tar --upgrade

Step 10: Restart machine again to apply paths.

Once all steps are followed c++ 14.0 (or of your choice) will be installed properly and linked with no issues.

Tuesday, July 20, 2021 5:16 AM
  • Hello, If you want to install MS c++ 14.0 offline then you should follow below steps.

1- Set up a folder on a drive where you have a good amount of space free.

2- Run the executable from the command line with additional arguments.

3- Once everything is downloaded, copy the folder over to the device it's to be installed on.

Tuesday, July 27, 2021 5:57 AM
  • You can get Visual Studio 2019 community edition it has it and you can build c++ with that.
    Saturday, August 14, 2021 3:20 AM
  • Thanks for your help. By this i overcome all the loopholes.
    Friday, August 20, 2021 12:17 PM
  • Thank you for sharing this, it was helpful.
    Sunday, August 29, 2021 5:02 AM
  • Rescently, I definitely struggle with this bug when I install a python package cx_Oracle, "building cxoracle extension error: Microsoft visual c++ 14.0 is required, get it with build tools for visual studio https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/". But my computer could not access to the internet, so how could I install microsoft c++ offline correctly? 
    Hi, To install Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 offline requires a few steps. This was part of the process for getting SQL Server 2017 with Machine Learning / Python running at work. Download the Build Tools executable from the network installation page. Set up a folder on a drive where you have a good amount of space free.
    Monday, August 30, 2021 7:26 PM
  • Thank you.
    Friday, September 17, 2021 7:42 AM