none
How to change the inter-site transport for a site RRS feed

• Question

• I have multiple sites in my AD.  All the sites were originally created and assigned the default site link object.  Now I have created separate site-link transport objects for the various sites.  How do I go back and re-assign a new inter-site transport object to one of the existing sites? 

Saturday, June 11, 2011 12:27 AM

Answers

• I guess I was misunderstanding the purpose of the Inter-Site Transport object.  When initially creating a site, I select an inter-site transport object that the new site will use.  The replication partners for the new site are generated automatically but apparently independent of the inter-site transport object selected.  I'm not sure about this.  But if a new inter-site transport object is created and you include the new site in this new inter-site transport object, the replication partners of the site are not automatically updated to reflect the partners/DCs in the inter-site transport object.  

I ended up manually re-configuring the replication partners for my sites.  I just thought that by specifying the sites in the inter-site transport object, there would be a way for me to get AD to automatically re-configure the replication partners for the affected sites.

• Marked as answer by Gunther 123 Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:41 PM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:41 PM

All replies